Accountant at Payconiq
We believe that in the digital era, mobile payments should be the norm. At Payconiq, we are building an inclusive payment ecosystem for consumers, merchants, banks, and PSPs. We are here to innovate, simplify, and deliver a seamless payment solution that provides:
- Omnichannel payments with value-added services
- An alternative scheme to cards, using the banks’ existing SCT or SCT Inst payments infrastructure
- A mobile payments experience for anyone owning a smartphone and a bank account
Our ecosystem is expanding rapidly, with more and more banks, acquirers, PSPs, and large retailers integrating with our platform.
We are looking for a skilled Accountant to join the team!
As our Accountant, you will help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, is good-natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
- Preparation of AP, AR, fixed assets bookings
- Posting accruals, deferrals and manual journal entries where necessary
- Assisting in month/year end-closing process
- Prepare payments and payables/receivables monitoring
- Assist in VAT and other tax/regulatory reporting(s)
- Work with a team responsible for billing system implementation
- Produce monthly performance and financial reports
- Work with other team members on reconciliation
- Seek collaboration with colleagues within the organization providing support from Finance where required.
Desired Experience & competencies:
- Proficient in BoB50
- Desired Experience & competencies:
- Finance related degree
- Minimum 5 year experience in the area of accounting (experience in the financial sector is considered a plus)
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word) and able to quickly learn new technology applications
- Good communicator, pro-active, able to work in an international team and detail oriented;
- Must have high standard of discretion and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French essential
What’s in it for you
- Training budget equal to 5% of your annual salary
- The right tools to do your job well
- Free fruit, snacks, coffee & tea (when we are not working remotely)
- Regular company events (virtual when we are working remotely)
- Check out our culture videos on our career page to get to know our culture better
If your interest is sparked and you are ready to make a real impact with a great group of people, apply today. We are looking forward to hearing from you!