Junior Compliance Analyst at Payconiq
Junior Compliance Analyst
We believe that in a digital era, mobile payments should be the norm. At Payconiq, we are building an inclusive payment ecosystem for consumers, merchants, banks and PSPs. We are here to innovate, simplify, and deliver a seamless payment solution that provides:
- Omnichannel payments with value-added services
- An alternative scheme to cards, using the banks’ existing SCT or SCT Inst payments infrastructure
- A mobile payments experience for anyone owning a smartphone and a bank account
Our ecosystem is expanding rapidly, with more and more banks, acquirers, PSPs and large retailers integrating with our platform.
As our Junior Compliance Analyst you will support the activities to ensure Payconiq complies with Luxembourg laws and regulations and that compliance policies and procedures are up to date and are being followed. You will analyse, implement and advise on regulations applicable. This function plays an important role to successfully grow of Payconiq.
What you’ll do as Junior Compliance Analyst:
- Contribute to ensure compliancy of Payconiq with relevant European and local laws and regulations
- Giving Companywide AML/KYC training
- Developing and maintaining compliance procedures, amongst others; Contribute to assure that anti-money laundering, anti-fraud and KYC procedures have been implemented and are complied with
- Contribute in preparing the relevant meetings
- Participate in various projects in the field of non-financial risks from a 2nd line perspective
- Provide guidance and support for inspections, audits and incidents
- Provide overall compliancy reporting
- Be pro-active in signaling relevant internal and external developments (e.g. legislation and policies) and trends. Translate these into the possible impact for business processes
- Compliance monitoring activities
- Performance of consumer & merchant CDD
- Transaction monitoring & suspicious activity reports
- Analysis of compliance incidents, using the outcome in improving the business and preventing recurrence
Hopefully, you tick most of these boxes
- University degree (preferably Law or Economics)
- Proficiency in English, French is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of compliance, or alternatively in a legal environment related to Supervisory Laws;
- Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented and able to successfully lead and prioritise multiple projects at once with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and issue-spotting skills, able to explain compliance requirements to the business so that they can take their 1st line responsibility to manage the non-financial risk framework;
- Hands-on mentality and service mindset
- Stand for what you have to stand for in your 2nd line role. But also have awareness that satisfying customer needs is our reason for existence.
What we offer?
- Energetic, international colleagues who share a common mission
- The best tools to do your work
- Regular team building events
- Lunch voucher, fruit, and of course, coffee and tea
Sound like a nice place to work? We think so too! If you like what you’ve read (and yes we like the details), feel free to apply and let’s get the conversation started.